Stuffed Breakfast Peppers
One of my favorites meals to eat as a kid growing up was my momma's stuffed bell peppers. It was stuffed with ground beef, rice and seasonings. It was soooo good to me! So to have this spin on it for breakfast is everything! This recipe is quick, low-carbs, gluten-free, dairy-free, and vegetarian. You can add this to your batch cooking for the week and you have breakfast for the week. Treat yo'self on Friday morning. Wink. Wink.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 2 Bell peppers
- 4 tbsp Mexican veg mix, canned
- 4 eggs
- 1 tsp, Mexican spices
- salsa, to taste (optional)
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
1. Preheat the oven to 360F (180C). Halve the peppers, remove the stem and seeds. Place the peppers on a baking tray covered with parchment paper.
2. Fill each pepper with 1 tbsp. of the Mexican vegetables and break an egg over each one. Bake for about 20 minutes in the bottom of the oven until the egg white has solidified. Sprinkle with the Mexican spices and season with salt and pepper.
3. Drizzle with salsa before serving (optional).
4. Enjoy and serve!
Want more recipes like this? Sign up and receive Choosey Eats...FREE recipe ebook.