Chicken, Walnut + Chicory Salad
Who doesn't want a fresh and clean salad popping with flavor? This salad right here...has all that without a bag of chips. It's low-carb, quick, packed with protein and gluten-free. We usually all end up with leftover chicken after dinner and wonder what to do now...make a salad! Make THIS salad. You can also take this and put it in a wrap or stuff it inside of a pita. Just keep in mind that it will no longer be low-carb and/or gluten-free. Just saying.
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 1 sweet apple
- 14 oz. (400g) cooked or leftover chicken, shredded
- 17 oz. (500g) of chicory
- 1½ tbsp. mustard
- 4 tbsp. Greek yogurt (0% fat)
- 3 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp. white wine vinegar
- 2 tbsp. parsley, chopped
- 1/3 cup (40g) walnuts, chopped
WHAT YOU NEED TO DO:
1. Cut the apple into quarters, remove core and cut the flesh into pieces. Cut off the bottom of the chicory, halve the stalk lengthwise and remove the hard core. Then cut into strips lengthwise.
2. Make the dressing by combining the mustard, yogurt, oil and vinegar. Season with pepper. Mix the chicory and the apple with the dressing and let the flavors settle for 10 minutes.
3. Finally, add in the parsley, shredded chicken and chopped walnuts and mix well. Serve imminently or store refrigerated until required.
4. Serve and enjoy!
Want more recipes like this? Sign up and receive Choosey Eats...FREE recipe ebook.